June 12, 2009

Burton on GM Cutbacks

CHEVY HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THEY ARE GOING TO BE PULLING BACK SUPPORT TO THE NATIONWIDE AND TRUCK SERIES. HOW DEVASTATING IS THAT TO THESE SERIES?

“I hate to comment on it because I don’t know a whole lot about it. I haven’t had a chance to talk to Richard (Childress) this morning a whole lot about it but I will tell you that I know Chevrolet is going to do everything that they can to do the best job that they can in motorsports.

"This is an unprecedented time and in many ways it’s a sad time and in many ways it’s an exciting time. Chevrolet having to pull support is a big deal because so many people rely on and they have been such a big part of the series.

"So I don’t know everything I need to know about it to comment a hundred percent but I can just tell you that in my talks with Chevrolet is that they want to do everything they can to stay involved and be a part of the NASCAR deal. And I think they are but they have some tough decisions to make.”

From a GM Press Release

Dale Earnhardt Jr. on GM cutbacks
Jeff Gordon on GM cutbacks
Fantasy racing perspective on GM cutbacks

More Cup Series Newsbreakers

No comments:

Post a Comment